View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 24, 2011, 10:20 PM

Thanks Greg,

Only info I've found is that it's Phase I and that makes me squirm a little bit, but, I asked my husband how he felt and he is very much for entering the trial. The doctor offered him chemo as well, but, due to Ron's bowel condition and low blood counts, recommended against the chemo route right now. He said, that, there are several people on this trial right now and they have had very favorable results so far. Who knows, perhaps it will be the next drug of choice?

I keep encouraged, and just keep praying. We will meet with the Oncologist tomorrow (Ron & I this time), and I have several questions.

It's so strange, I still can't stop thinking about how Ron was dx with MDS Feb'09 and we were devistated, yet, now, Ron has gone MDS to AML, AML to remission, out of remission to MDS, and this time, we are thankful to have received the MDS dx. Strange huh? Once you meet that "Beast".... (AML), you definately don't want to go back there... that's for sure.

Hugs to all...
Cindy
Cindy, wife of Ron 66 dx w/MDS(RARS)Feb'09,Vidaza 13mons. BMB 2/10 -5q/increased blasts. Watch/wait May-Jul10. Revlimid Jul-Aug10:A-Fib. BMB Aug18, 12%blasts. MDS to AML. Induction completed 9/21/10. BMB Oct10:CR. Consolidaton:10/25/10. Dacogen Dec27-29. SCT on Hold. Fevers/Nt sweats Jan11.