View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 28, 2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Conlon View Post
I began Dacogen treatment in May,2007 when I was 69. After 14 cycles of treatment, each cycle running Monday through Friday, I was declared in total remission in February, 2009. I am being treated in Hillman Cancer Center in Pittsburgh. This is a fabulous facility for cancer treatment. I will continue to be treated in eight week cycles. This is because Dacogen is so new and there is not enough data to compare long term results and tell the length of remission or if Dacogen will lead to a cure. May,2009 will be the third anniversary of U.S. approval. I am aware of one individual who was extended to a twelve week cycle, but was forced to return to an eight week cycle. It would appear that currently an eight week cycle is the outside limit for people who respond to the Dacogen regimen. A strong and dedicated wife, firm belief in prayer and Dacogen have combined to give me a new lease on life. Could you ask for more?
Mike,

Could you send me an email to further discuss the extension from 4-8 weeks for Dacogen. I would love to know if there is a doctor in Pitt who I could discuss with in order to provide to my mom's doc in the hopes of extending the benefits of this drug. My email is all4dk@yahoo.com

THANKS!

Joe