View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 7, 2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txplumber View Post
I am a 40 y/o male. I was diagnosed with MDS in May of this year. I have tried Aranesp injections and Revlimid, neither helped my situation. I just completed my 3rd round of chemo Decitabine, I have now gone almost 2 weeks since my last transfusion. A record. You can find out more on my website at www.IHaveMDS.com please take a moment to look it might help you or you maybe able to help someone else.

Has anyone been through the cycles of decitabine and showed progress?
I began Dacogen treatment in May,2007 when I was 69. After 14 cycles of treatment, each cycle running Monday through Friday, I was declared in total remission in February, 2009. I am being treated in Hillman Cancer Center in Pittsburgh. This is a fabulous facility for cancer treatment. I will continue to be treated in eight week cycles. This is because Dacogen is so new and there is not enough data to compare long term results and tell the length of remission or if Dacogen will lead to a cure. May,2009 will be the third anniversary of U.S. approval. I am aware of one individual who was extended to a twelve week cycle, but was forced to return to an eight week cycle. It would appear that currently an eight week cycle is the outside limit for people who respond to the Dacogen regimen. A strong and dedicated wife, firm belief in prayer and Dacogen have combined to give me a new lease on life. Could you ask for more?