View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 11, 2013, 08:26 AM

Thanks for the links. I'll have to add to the list too. It's apparent, like most things dealing with our bodies, that it's very complex and individualized. The good thing, is that most people can benefit from a basic approach to correct nutrient imbalances.

Regarding B12 absorption....I understand that it's best to do B12 on an empty stomach without any other vitamins in order to maximize absorption. You'll never absorb the full 1000 or 5000 mcg but with doses that large, but you should be able to achieve adequate levels.

I think all of this reinforces the need to address one's overall health. You may need to focus on one or two aspects but you really need to tend to your entire being to maintain balance. I found it interesting that once people start replacing the B12, they need more potassium because the healing process uses it up.

Just be sure to get the full complement of the B vitamins to ensure that the B12 and folate can do what it should.

Thanks again...M
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.