View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 18, 2011, 10:36 AM

It's me again-Dacogen schedule?

Okay, the standard/prescribed schedule for use of Dacogen is 1 week (5 days) of treatments, then 3 weeks off!!! I have done well on this schedule for the past 2 1/2 years--hgb 12-13; platelets 100-250;1.5-2.5 meaning completely stable hgb and platelets and wbc, slightly down! Have stayed completely healthy, other than a bout with diverticulitis and just treated the one time on antibiotics!

Here's my dilemma - twice, during these 2 1/2 years, I have had to delay my schedule, once due to bad weather and another time recently when I got the diverticulitis--each time my treatments were delayed by 1 week; in other words, 1 week treatment and 4 WEEKS OFF! My counts after this schedule were: Hgb 13 Platelets 250 and WBC: 4.0

Does anyone have thoughts on this! My husband and I feel like by being off the dagcogen just a week longer - possibly my body is remarkably taking over the fight and giving a chance for all counts to become normal! My doctor just says, that's great and "just continue on my regular schedule"

I would appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this phenomenon!