View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 8, 2012, 07:18 AM

Chelation Therapy

Hi Birgitta-A,

Thanks for the prompt reply. You really help me on this as my mom will start her Ferriprox tomorrow. My sister needs to consult the hema tomorrow what we should do if the WBC go down and outside the ref range.

I have further question about the WBC going low for ferriprox on your case. Hope it is fine.

1) Before you start the WBC, what is your WBC level ? If you still remember.

2) After how long you consumed the ferriprox, the WBC go down ? I am asking because i need to get the test done in private pathology if the goverment hospital did not follow up on this.

3) Just wondering is your WBC go down to outside the ref range (x10^3/uL [4 - 11]) or just started to go down but within ref range, then you stopped the ferriprox ?

4) About Desferal and Exjade, just wondering why you choose Desferal in connection with BT instead of taking the Exjade to replace the Ferriprox ? Just curious.

Attached please find my mom WBC and other counts related to WBC. If you know anything about those counts, you are utmost welcome to comment. Thanks again Birgitta-A.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Latest Blood reports 07112012.JPG (136.2 KB, 15 views)
Teo, son to Goh, age 71 dx mightbe MDS with low HB & RBC Jan 2012; FE 7755 on Nov 2014 - 6*500mg ferriprox; BT every month since Feb 2012; BMB done July 2013 - no conclusive evidence of MDS or PRCA; EPO stopped Nov 2013; Danazol 200mg*2 starts Nov 2013 + cyclosporine 25mg*4 starts June 2015