View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 28, 2014, 04:14 PM

Update as of 6/24/14

Hello Again,

I just wanted to update "My Story" since it has been a little over a year since I checked in...

Things are really about the same for me. I still have pancytopenia... I just had a couple of CBCs in the last couple of months. Here is a summary of my past 2 CBCs (just to give a flavor of where I am):

==========
4/3/2014:
==========
RBC - 2.95
WBC - 2.64
Lymph # - 0.99
Lymph % - 37.5
Neut. # - 1.18
Neut. % - 44.6
HGB - 10.4
HCT - 30.9
Platelets - 36

============
6/24/2014:
============
RBC - 3.02
WBC - 3.9
Lymph # - 1.17
Lymph % - 29.9
Neut. # - 1.98
Neut. % - 50.6
HGB - 10.6
Platelets - 51

For the last couple of years, my platelets have been hovering in the 35K range... I know platelet counts tend to bounce around some, so I am not getting too excited about the reading of 51K on 6/24/14 -- although it would be nice if that were the beginning of an upward trend!

Still not having much abnormal bruising or bleeding... have not had frequent infections (no more than usual anyway)... and I have reasonable energy -- although I seem to tire out pretty quickly. I just take a break, then get back up and press on... I am not taking any medicines for this or undergoing treatment of any kind at present -- no transfusions to this point. For now, still in "watch and wait" mode.

I would love to hear from any of you out there who have (or have had) a similar slow-moving pancytopenia situation. I think there are several of "us" out there. I'd love to hear from you!

Until next time...
David M