View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 4, 2007, 09:42 PM

Vidaza and itching

Hey Len,

My mother is on her fifth cycle of Vidaza. It has really helped a lot. She has tolerated it pretty well, with the exception of the itching. I actually found your post by googling "Vidaza and itching". She is also getting it through a picc line, though she was getting it injected into her stomach. Her itching is mostly concentrated at the former injection sites. She has also tried a variety of creams and antihistimines. The itching seems to be worse now than on her last cycle. She will only be getting 5 treatments through the picc line whereas she was getting 7 injections. We are guessing that maybe receiving the med through the picc line (at greater dosage) rather than through the injections may be the cause for the worsening of the itching. At any rate, she's going in tomorrow so we'll ask if this may be the case. She will probably be getting her picc line removed shortly and will be going back to the injections. She hasn't had a transfusion since February. I'll post if she finds anything that helps with the itching. Patrick