View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 2, 2012, 05:44 AM

Thank you for your replies.

My doctor has made further blood tests and one has shown that my (sorry if I don't use the proper terms, all in French on this side) Marrow works well. That’s why my platelets and white cells count are ok. He said - and I made him repeat - "it's not AA". He then asked me if I had stomach pains or intestine problems because apparently an ulcer or some intestine disease could cause a severe drop in iron.
He then concluded until further tests that i have a very common iron deficiency anemia. i felt so relieved! But in the same time, I now know that AA can come back anytime. "Damocles' sword above our heads" we say in French.
It’s likely that i have been gradually lacking iron since birth of my daughter 3 years ago. It’s true that since I haven't been to my yearly blood tests. I was told off for that by family and doctors... so lesson learned!
I have another blood test this week to check if the iron transfusion is being absorbed correctly by my organism and some other tests. So as Neil says, they are going to watch the progression of my HGB during the next months. If it goes up! it's good news and nothing to worry about... if it continues to go down... well let’s hope not!

thanks for your support! wish you all a happy easter from Switzerland!
anja