View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 31, 2014, 10:31 AM

NIH and DR NEAL YOUNG

I have just read the posts regarding the above AMAZING!!!!!! And thank you each for sharing and your tenacity in encouraging others to become ACTIVELY involved.

I am fighting on behalf of Vietnam Veterans and their claims of MDS and AGENT ORANGE. This battle is now in its 3 year; my husband succumbed to MDS in 2003 at age 52 he had fought his battle for 8 years. When first diagnosed, MDS was just becoming a diagnosis with classifications not declared a cancer at that time. treatments were nothing with a few 'let's try' and then he was just too weak with no immune system.

The Federal Govt-VA-has four classifications for illnesses to be considered for their 'presumptive illness' listing; MDS is at classification 3 (I'm including MDS under Leukemia) category 1 makes the hit list. In order to move MDS up we need to provide the VA with the following:

A report from a quality health group, organization or professional stating a suggested connection between AO (can be individual chemical compounds Benzene and/or Dioxins) AND scientific data supporting a possible/suggested/"as likely as not" connection between AO and MDS.

I have not been able to find any links to studies' specifically there are only inferences to "studies". I will gladly contact Dr. Young for assistance as everyone relates his commitment to research- please send me his contact information. Also, if anyone on this particular conversation has any references, referrals or suggestions to forward my research please leave me a message on MDS and AGENT ORANGE on this site.

I too encourage people to write their political representatives at every level re research of AA/MDS plus the AO connection.
Thank you for sharing, your courage hang in there you are not ever alone.
barb