View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 17, 2013, 10:03 PM

Neil, security is a worry.

A couple of years ago I was in hospital and they came to collect me for a CT which I hadn't been told about. I very quickly had to remove my earrings. I put them in the bedside locker. When I got back and went to put them in again they were missing. I was very upset because they had been given to me by a boyfriend (serious) a month before he had been killed in an accident. They were the only diamonds I owned but the sentimental value was priceless.

When I go into hospital they make me (everyone) write out a list of their valuable items eg iPad, iPhone etc and sign a form relieving the hospital of any obligation if they are lost, damaged or stolen. They used to insist on electrical checks too but they don't worry about that any more. I think all the power points are isolated with safety switches.

They do have a combination safe available in every room but its such a bother to put everything away and get it back out again if you are only going for a walk around the ward with a physio that you tend to not to use it.