View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 10, 2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exploring_options View Post
Hi again,

I am also surprised by you saying that you can't absorb B12 and are not having B12 shots?

Any absorption problem when it comes to B12 according to NICE and WHO is to be treated with B12 shots. Main reason: Absorption via gut is impaired for anyone with absorption issues. Serum B12 is not representative of how "replenished" one is after one is diagnosed with B12 absorption of ay kind.
I've been taking 1000mcg of vitamin b12 since I first had macrocytosis 20 years ago and it's worked so far. I don't absorb it from food apparently but do fine with the supplements. I accidentally bought a 250mcg bottle years ago and felt it within days, so they work a treat. I'm lucky!

I've just had a shocking month or so with digestive issues and have gone gluten-free again, which is helping. I'm probably an undiagnosed caeliac, who knows. I gave up going to the docs about my digestive issues in my 20's, but will definitely stay off the gluten now. I only went back to it after all of this started because I was feeling very much 'what's the point?' and have now discovered that digestive comfort is plenty of point lol Either way, the tum is not a fan of gluten, or dairy, so it's back in that old saddle again.

I'm a few weeks off my next thyroid etc blood test with my gp, and am interested to see how it's going. My last odd results may have been due to my having the booster shot. We shall see!