View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 15, 2023, 11:40 PM

Hi everyone I hope you're all well.

Just an update while I'm stunned and traumatised (being a tad dramatic) after my trip to the rheumatologist today, which involved a whole lot of babysplaining and not much else.

Blood wise - not much has changed. MCV is still elevated, reds are a bit low, whites were low because one of my mouth 'things' became infected, or whatever they're doing, platelets are fabulous, reticulocytes are low normal but the reticulocytes absolute are still really low. I think I've mentioned before that they like those to be around 50 and the base low on them is 30, which I've been once, with this last round having them at 18. Everything else is low/high normal but it was one of the less positive test results that I've had. She still has me in the beginning bone marrow failure class, saying it's fluctuating and fragile but stable, so that's really good.

Rheumo wise - obviously nothing came up in the blood test regarding lupus as expected, and my body didn't perform enough circus tricks to hold his non-sero interests. So I'm back to square one with whatever else is wrong with my body. Obviously not going on medication is an excellent, excellent, excellent thing, as is knowing that I won't have to deal with that guy again.

Anyway, it's back to the drawing board for me and I'm thinking of heading in the hormone direction. I do know that hormones are equally as responsible for this chronic dry eye that I have, so who knows. I also grow a lot of things - cysts, polyps, who knows what else I am growing in here, so there might be something up with that! No idea about the parasthasia, facial flushing and sun/heat sensitivity, I guess they dont matter. I tell you, the amount of research we have to do about our own bodies, they should be paying us the fee!

Ok, I'm off. Thank you for reading, take care and have a lovely day

Last edited by kazp : Thu Feb 16, 2023 at 03:32 AM.