View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 15, 2008, 06:16 PM

Hi Paul

I echo your concerns, and fears about transplant only I am interested in recommendations as to where in the U.S.to have the transplant. It appears that my MDS has progressed to the point where my Dr. feels it is time to prepare for a summer SCT. I live in the southeast and am blessed to have a brother who is a complete match...but, where to go is my question. If there is anyone out there that can share some info I will be eternally greatful. I have studied bmtinfo.net and several other sights but, understand that there are many facets to the stats each hospital offers as to the number of procedures and the intricacies of these procedures. Basically, I am just scared and overwhelmed. We just received the new this past week and I guess there is never a good time for this type of news. But, I count my blessings as I have the utmost faith in my Dr. here and am so very blessed to have my brother. Thank you to all for your support.