View Single Post
Old Thu May 29, 2014, 06:44 PM

Different treatment facilities have different transfusion levels. It also depends on your tolerance and the rest of your physical health. Eg..lung disease heart disease. Most people feel breathless on exertion at less than 8. Some require blood less than 9. The treatment centre I went to had a policy that people who were transfusion dependant (who required regular transfusions) were transfused at less than 10.... Only because they didn't want a chronic strain on the heart from being consistently anaemic. Other people who had other cancers and had intermittant, treatment related anaemia were not transfused at such a high level.

I'm glad you went and had the pain checked out. Vitamins can be a bit nasty on the stomach...Folic ACID, Ascorbic ACID....note the names...I always take my vitamins with food, I don't know if it decreases their efficiency but it helps my stomach.

I know having a "cancer" diagnosis is scary but you are the same person you were before the diagnosis and you'll be the same person tomorrow. You aren't going to get sick and drop dead tomorrow, nor even in a few months or even years. Chances are you won't even require any treatment for a long, long time. If or when you start having health issues you will be very knowledgeable about this disease and you will be mentally prepared for the treatment stage. I think you'll find there is nothing you can't handle.

Glad you're okay.