Thread: LOW White Count
View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 13, 2011, 09:18 AM

The decision has been made to postpone the TPA clinical trial....Based on the following, I couldn't see adding more to the mix at the moment....but the folks at CINJ were wonderful and said I could try it again if I ever needed or wanted to....

My last CBC was WBC 2; Hg 9.5, Platelets 52!!!!
These are all up from the previous CBC, 3 days before, and the first rise in all 3 numbers in well over a year. This time last year I was just beginning Vidaza! And this is the first time I haven't needed a platelet transfusion in over a month.....Interesting to learn that having a bacterial or viral infection can influence the # of blasts in your bone marrow....which once again, makes the numbers game a bit sketchy....

I'm a little superstitious about writing this....I hope it's a trend and not a fluke! I feel so lucky and thankful and hopeful for anyone who is battling this crazy disease---that you just never know and cannot give up!!!! I'm having a hard time though, shutting off my racing thoughts....

I feel great and my gut tells me to "watch and wait" for a while.....and letting my body react and adjust to being left alone....
I'm feeling very lucky--Not only was I able to attend my nieces Nursing School graduation (which I would have been in the hospital and missed) but since I didn't need a transfusion, went to the racetrack yesterday, and after losing all day, not only won back my losses but won another $80 on the LAST race! Seems a little prophetic, huh?

Thank you for letting me share my happy news and I wish some good news for all of you....
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly