View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 1, 2014, 09:03 PM

I just got the sweetest private message on here that has me in tears and reading everyone's successes has empowered me to really embrace all that has happened this year and get myself healthy in all ways.

I will definitely discuss Promacta with my doctor but I also need to schedule my ATG therapy. Now that I have a more stable living arrangement with an incredible Godsend of a friend I feel better than I have in so many months. In a way I feel like this is a second chance at life. I took so much for granted and wasted so much energy on negative, destructive things that weren't worth it in the end.

This might have been my wake up call. Even my mom today became belligerent on the phone with me that I was being a "Debbie Downer" (I honestly don't think I was, she is mad that she can't stay at a house I no longer own when she leaves rehab), and I put up the boundary that I wasn't going to talk to her if that's the way she wants to treat me.

I'm selling a car that is a negative and horrible reminder of a period of my life that was even worse than facing this illness.

I'm looking at ME and digging deep inside to remember that happiness I used to have three years ago before I made the worst decisions of my life.

This is forcing me to confront my life on every level and it may be painful and hard but I will come out stronger on the other side.