View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 25, 2013, 10:29 AM

Neal, Birgitta... :)

Thanks, Neal - I'm going to the December appointment and going to try to get more answers - this doctor is very quiet and says very little except that Steve should "try to relax" - I actually asked him what his experience was in this field as he was just so creepy about how Steve is doing - creepy meaning silence and odd smiles.

Thanks also, Birgitta - Steve is 55, and in pretty good health (mild COPD from years of earlier smoking, but managed). This doctor (and several others, to be fair) keep saying that Steve isn't eligible for transplant, however, not one has given me a concrete reason as to why. All of the doctors have stated that Steve will never be able to discontinue treatment - apparently, he'll be on some kind of chemo until his passing. Again - no concrete reason as to why Steve can't try a transplant if he chooses to.

Steve really doesn't want a transplant and I stand behind whatever decisions he makes regarding his body, mind, and health - but here's where I stand on transplants and care - if Steve ever decides he WANTS to roll the dice and we have a great donor, and he can take it physically, then Steve should be allowed that option. I'm not going to allow anyone to deny him opportunity, if he's up to it.

Neither one of has ever been seriously ill and this is so frustrating.

Thanks for listening...

Kat