View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 28, 2011, 10:55 PM

Hi Karen

Thanks again . . . Yes, he would have been checking for the lymphoma so that makes sense. Jens had NHL since Sep 2001 . . . many recurrences and chemos with stem cell transplant (auto) in May 2008 . . . and all of that was what led to the MDS. Then the drop in blood counts in March of this year . . . doc was suspicious of recurrence of the NHL . . . and found the MDS. I guess the good news is that the NHL is still in remission then.

That is tremendous that you did so well with the Vidaza and then the bone marrow transplant wiped it out with further Vidaza doing a clean up. Wow. I'm guessing you were primary/de novo MDS? I see you have a blog . . . I'll have to get on there and read up on your experiences.

Hadn't occurred to me to do a search for t(14,18) . . . I'll search on some of those other numbers now and see where it goes.

Thanks

Darice
hubby 73, dx NHL 2001, CNS involvement. SCT (auto) 5/08 [dx UTUC renal pelvis, 2010/surgeries/MMC], MANY recurrences, chemos, surgeries, rad. dx t-MDS 3/11: IPSS 1.5 (Int-2); MDA 11, RCMD trilineage, inc. Fe, ring sideroblasts, 7q del/mono 7 (51.5%), 46,XY,t(6,17)(p22;q25)[4]/45,XY,-7[4]/46,XY[12].