View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 18, 2016, 09:35 AM

Personal comment to blog

It is hard and frustrating enough to argue with the BVA ...
I speak only for myself...there were no statistics gathered in the US on MDS until 2002 , no registry, case specifucs, etc...my husband was diagnosed with "tired blood" in 1992..by luck of the draw a country doctor in TX had a friend at MDAnderson, a doc, who had just spent years with WHO studying blood disorders they labeled MDS, doc told Dave he was at early stage of MDS and predicted an 8-10 year life span: David was 46 and lived 7 years +44 days. The BVA denied his claim in 1999 and 5 more times since. Much has been studied about MDS since not focused on cause but diagnosis and treatments.
Like CLL, MDS is due to a bone marrow failure, out of control cell formulation and growth. The "virgin" cell goes rogue and continues to duplicate the error...
Rainbow Agents were used in Vietnam. AO is only 1 of them. Any of them had a negative effect on some humans...Specifically, the Depth of Defense knew AO had negative effects on humans and the environment and they used it: negligence liability in any court. How do you select what illnesses to include for negligence? Tough ?
Diabetes? CLL ? Iscemic heart condition? These are 'popular' conditions with studies, statistics, patients..did AO presumably cause these conditions...?Maybe in another 10 years studies will show the presumably like between MDS and AO.. the VA and Depth of Defense has ceased all research and study reviews for AO illnesses if. Those of us that believe based on current research that there is a connection. We continue the 'fight' for ourselves, our loved ones and all Veterans. We keep it alive. Negative comment, arrogance or pious attitudes are not acceptable by us..keep them to yourself..we don't need to hear them. This is our fight, you don't have to be involved.
Like MDS each claim is individual, I have been researching for more then 15 years. Statistics can be easily manipulated for each cause..I use them scarcely..there are new studies smoking &AO exposure is a combination for AO statistics support this. Familia association with BMF plus AO exposure is a proposed cause for MDS..statistics show this. .
It's a cRap shoot with the BVA..
I volunteer at a VA hospital, they have an individual clinic for MDS specifically. The VIETNAM vets form a concensus AO and MDS go tigether...?
Let's support each other, if you cannot do that keep negativity to yourself and don't "make wrong" another blog member. We belong to this blog to share and support not to win so someone else must lose, to be right so another is wrong..I'm just saying....