View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 3, 2016, 01:10 PM

Smile

I was on high doses of cyclosporine for 2 years and had crazy hair growth. Luck I am blonde so it didn't show all that much, but I knew it was there. As I tapered off, the hair fell out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitarymusic View Post
Hi

I've been on a course of cyclosporine for 1 yr and 6 months, and I wanted to ask about the effects of hair growth that you've been seeing.

For me the hair growth is uncontrollable, and being a girl, it's given me a beard and moustache literally in 5-6 days. I've to keep shaving. The all-over hair growth has also given me severe, excruiciating pus-filled acne that leaves scars that look like red burn marks all over my cheeks. I've also gone for waxing, but I can't wax myself every 5 days. My hairline has literally moved forward by one inch. Everyday a new pimple pops up, filled with pus. It is painful and humiliating.

I've never had acne in my life, and this aggressive hair growth actually has psychological effects on me. I'm just wondering if anyone has seen reduced hair growth once they've gone off the cyclosporine?

Thanks in advance.
45 year old female. Diagnosed with SAA in 1998 at 31 years of age. ATG x2. Eprex. 200 Hgb/platelet transfusions over 14month treatment. Currently still on low dose Cyclosporine/Vasotec/Dapsone. Doing very well.