A free one-day patient conference will be held in Miami, FL on Saturday, November 10, 2018. The conference will be jointly hosted by the Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation
(AA&MDSIF) and the MDS Foundation
. It is one of seven AA&MDSIF one-day patient conferences
and one of 11 MDS Foundation patient and family forums
scheduled for 2018.
The conference is for bone marrow failure disease patients and their families and for medical professionals who care for these patients.
- acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
- aplastic anemia (AA)
- chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML)
- graft versus host disease (GVHD)
- myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS)
- myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs)
- paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH)
- pure red cell aplasia (PRCA)
The conference will include parallel (simultaneous) sessions on AA/PRCA, MDS/CMML/MPNs, AML, and PNH, as well as sessions on transplants and wellness issues.
Conference attendance is free. Breakfast and lunch are included. Discounted hotel rates are available to those who want to stay overnight. There will a Friday Night Social the evening before the conference, from 5:30 to 7:30pm.
Come hear the latest information about diagnosis, treatment, and medical research from leading experts.
Patients and family members will also be able to
AA&MDSIF and MDS Foundation Patient and Family Conference: Living with Aplastic Anemia, MDS, or PNH
- meet medical experts face-to-face
- hear about the latest treatments and medical research
- learn skills for managing life with a bone marrow failure disease
- have your questions answered
- learn how to be your own advocate for the best care
- get to know other patients and family members like yourselves
Saturday, November 10, 2018, 8:30am to 3:30pm
Check-in begins at 7:45am.
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Kendall facility
8932 Southwest 97th Avenue, Miami, FL 33176 (Google map)
SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical CenterHotel reservations:
1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136 (Google map)
Discounted hotel rates for the nights of November 9 and/or 10 are available until Monday, October 15.Hotel self-parking is $16/day. The hotel does not have an airport shuttle.
Phone: 888-287-9400 or 305-575-5300 or make an online hotel reservation.
See other hotel information on the event page.
To register for the conference, click REGISTER on the event page.
If you plan to attend this conference, post in this thread to let other attendees know to look for you!
For more information see the event page.
After the conference, let us know what you thought of the event.