View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 19, 2018, 04:20 AM

GVHD eyes

Hello everyone,
I haven't been on the computer for awhile because the T-cells decided to attack my other eye as well!!

After transplant my right eye fell to GVHD, it felt as if there was a foreign body in it, all starting with excessive tears and dried up eyes in the morning... However, my left eye is following the same path, with excessive tears, half a year later. So I am resigned to chronic GVHD eyes.

The eye doctor diagnosed inflammation. He gave me artificial tear drops, then antibiotic teardrops and steroid eyedrops. It didn't work, it didn't get better or worse, so I didn't complain until now that the left eye is going down too, I will raise the issue when I see my hematologist this Thursday.

I googled and found out one of the main reasons for cGVHD eyes is linked to tapering of prednisone.
For all of you suffering from cGVHD eyes, you have my utmost sympathy and attentive ears. Please post your experience.

I will post again after my Thursday appointment.
Meri