View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 27, 2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAA Mom View Post
Karenish,
Did it take 10 months to reach normal counts or did it take 10 months for your counts to come up at all?
Sorry, too busy living my life to the full to visit here that often thank god. took 10 months until any change in my counts, plates hovered around 20, then went to something like 25, next week 30, and have been slowly climbing for 3 years, last draw and plates have gone to 95 - all other counts normal, so i was very slow to respond, I had rabbit. I am one of the lucky ones, i had the whole thing quite easy compared to others, not much serum sickness, not too many side effects from cyclo, starting incredibly slow taper after christmas, so fingers crossed.
By the way, my doc reckons that because I was so slow to respond, means that the marrow is more than likely recovering much better, as in slowly slowly catch the monkey!! he said he will taper real slow so as not to shock the system and the theory is that the immune system and the marrow will slowly get used to each other again and all will be well. I hope that is true, its been a long 3 years! Remember research is on very little numbers, not many of us get this, although in the UK figures have doubled within 10 years and my hospital alone gets one every 6 months!!
I think this disease will soon get noticed as more and more will get it. I blame stress, and pesticides and drugs in our food. I now live organic, drink plenty of water, perfume on clothes and use Arbonne beauty products. Treating my immune system as I would a new born baby xx