View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 27, 2013, 08:23 AM

Update

Well I haven't posted for a while. When I had my appointment with the haematologist in July I mentioned about having a bone marrow biopsy. When he was dictating to his secretary he said about having one in early Nov. My next appointment with him is on 12 Nov. I wanted to make sure there was enough time for the results to come back. I finally got around to ringing about the BMB and found that it hadn't been booked. When I had a BMB done here last Oct one part of the test wasn't done so the haematologist so he would do it down in Brisbane. It seems that a different person does the bookings at each hospital and I had chosen the Wesley because of being near a railway station. This is with a twilight anaesthetic. Anyway it is now booked for the 25th Oct.
My last transfusion was on 8th August. HB 2 days prior to that was 70. HB 14 days after was 94. I'm hoping it will still be reasonable next week as I've been invited to a 80th birthday party next Thursday. I'll have a blood test next Tuesday to check HB.

Today I had another visit to the Natural Therapist at Yeppoon. I take down my latest blood test results and she goes through them and then gives me any necessary supplements after testing them for compatibility. Last time I was there she said my kidneys/adrenal glands were stressed. There seems to be a link between the kidneys and the bone marrow as far as red blood cells are concerned.