View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 4, 2015, 09:12 PM

Lacking concrete diagnosis

Hi,
I am new to this forum. So glad to see this site! My history includes 5 yrs of femur pain, debilitating pain at night. Took 4 years seeing MDs to get somewhere. All along my WBCs were slightly low. I asked for a MRI of my femur and bingo. MRI showed patchy low T1 and high T2 marrow signal in diaphysis and metaphysis, both femurs. At the mid-diaphyseal level of femurs, curvilinear bright T2 and STIR signal in the intramedullary cavity. No lesions. Abnormal marrow signal possibly "red marrow conversion".

I went for a bone marrow biopsy. Showed low WBCs, hypercellularity, and fibrosis. They thought myelofibrosis, however, I do not have any issues with my Hct/Hbg, although have had repeated issues with low ferritin and take iron, and oddly enough in the past year after starting a vitamin program, my WBC's after four years of being low, have been perfect. Because my spleen and liver are not enlarged, I am told it is not MF by one MD and another says it is.

My main issue is the darn leg pain. Is there anything anyone can think of that might cause this as the myelofibrosis is not confirmed. I have started having this same type of leg pain now in my pelvis. We just did another MRI and sure enough, my MRI came back abnormal with "red marrow conversion" listed as likely.

Any thoughts? I am so frustrated. I am exhausted all the time and just want answers. Once I know what I am dealing with, I can move forward.

Last edited by LeslieLulu : Thu Feb 5, 2015 at 09:18 PM.