View Single Post
Old Wed May 7, 2014, 06:26 PM

A tale of three cities

Responding back to the initial post -- I have thought about this a lot in my case. I was diagnosed with AA/MDS/marrow failure nearly seven years ago. In the time since, I have lived in three different cities on three different continents! And for some reason, my counts were best in the middle one (city #2). I actually had a normal Hgb count for a while then and a biopsy report at the time speculated that I was undergoing a rebound, that perhaps I was just recovering from a 'toxic insult'. They said my marrow was showing signs of being 'replenished' on comparing to results while I was living in city #1.

Then I moved to city #3. After I moved, counts then began to gently decline over a couple years and my biopsy results began to mimic the one from city #1, until I had ATG.

I've always thought there was something there with city #2 being better for my counts, and have raised it with my hemos here, but they just disregard it every time. Would be curious to know if anyone else has had a similar situation - and also if anyone has heard of a spontaneously rebounding marrow in a biopsy report?