The Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation
(AA&MDSIF) will hold six one-day conferences for AA, MDS, and PNH patients and their families in 2014, in six cities across the U.S.
Conference attendance will be free. Those who want to stay overnight can take advantage of discounted hotel rates. Plan to attend the patient conference closest to you.
Diagnosis, Treatment, and Managing the New Normal - 2014 Patient and Family Conferences
- Los Angeles, California - Saturday April 5, 2014
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Saturday May 17, 2014
- Detroit, Michigan - Saturday July 26, 2014
- Louisville, Kentucky - Saturday September 20, 2014
- New Orleans, Louisiana - Saturday October 11, 2014
- Miami, Florida - Saturday November 8, 2014
Each conference will include parallel (simultaneous) sessions on AA, MDS, and PNH, sessions to help you live with and cope with these diseases, and professionally-facilitated support sessions with your peers.
At each conference patients and family members will be able to
- meet medical experts face-to-face
- hear about the latest treatments and medical research
- learn skills for managing life with a bone marrow failure disease
- have your questions answered
- learn how to be your own advocate for the best care
- get to know other patients and family members like yourselves
- attend professionally-facilitated support sessions
- let children ages 6 to 16 attend a For Kids Only Workshop (locations to be determined)
Conference registration opens in January 2014.
We'll announce further details as they become available. You can also watch the AA&MDSIF Conferences
page for news.