View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 27, 2010, 05:21 PM

Denying the truth

Received letter yesterday from Bradley Mayes, Director Benefits, VA Washington that they have no code for MDS (code 7703 is leukemia) and will continue to treat MDS, in my case, as difficult anemia. Sent my claim back to the RO. What follows is my letter to John Huber, Head of AAMDSIF.

Good Sunday afternoon John,

As you can see from the attached letter, they just don’t care what the medical community has to say about MDS. They have sent my claim back to the RO and you can bet the life of your first born male child that St. Petersburg is going to say hmy HgB is 10 or above and MDS is just a difficult form of anemia. Please share this letter and the letter from Bradley Mayes with Rep. Bob Filner when you meet with him in the morning

I find it very interesting that they only note the letters from Drs. Aliff, Karp and Steensma. They had the letters from Drs. Sekeres and Mesa but chose to ignore those?

As for there not being a code for MDS, I had believed that we had made a strong case that MDS should be classified as leukemia / bone marrow cancer. There is most certainly a code for leukemia and it is 7703 in their code book. By making the choice to ignore the doctor’s letters and classify MDS, in my case, by its symptoms as anemia (code 7700) they are able to grant zero percent disability. They would say that the classification of Dr. Carl Reigel and John Thomas who are both 100% T&P stand on their own is bogus and arbitrary.

They recently re-evaluated John and keep him at 100% because his “cancer” was still under treatment. What is taking Aranesp weekly, if it is not still being under treatment? I know I “pissed” (excuse the term) them off at the VA and their rulings concerning me now have to be purely retribution for my getting them upset.

Never, ever give up! TENACITY!

Bob