View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 13, 2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susansr View Post
Dear Elrojo: I don't know your history but I would say you are doing better than you are giving yourself credit. yes, your platelets are not quite in normal range but you're not that far off! To put things in perspective, I have AA, had ATG in FEB., and my platelets never rose past 30,000. Now, that is a below average number. My Hgb is 8.5, and again you're doing pretty well at 10.8.
Be optimistic, it appears your numbers are going in the right direction. Of course the most important thing is how you feel. I hope well.
I realize my counts are fairly good, even though still outside the range of normal. My hematologist keeps stressing that. In fact, he has avoided using the term AA, although from what I read on the internet, all the treatments he's considering would indicate an AA course of treatment. My cardiologist would like to see improvement in the Hgb count, as that complicates a heart problem I have. Based on the stories others tell, I know my condition is not critical, I just need to be patient and not expect a miracle cure. Thanks for your words of encouragement, and good luck to you.