View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 17, 2009, 06:48 PM

I have to admit my fluid intake was not great when I took the cyclosporine. I took it when I ate because I got very nausous otherwise. It worked great on my bone marrow. When diagnosed in Dec 2006 my platlets were 9000 and my hgl was 7. After ATG and 2 years on Neoral I had gradually improved to normal labs (platlets 158,000 and Hgl 12) but my creatinine recently went up to 1.6 and the GRF calc was only 33. I now take generic Imuran (AZAT). After one month my labs have dropped some but are not bad (platlets 131,000 and Hgl 10.8 and WBC 6.10). If they hold here or go up I am happy. Just hope they don't trend down. My creatinine is back down to 1.3 and GRF calc up to 42 (this is kidney function percent and I think it is best if >60). Time will tell how I do on the new drug but at least my platelets didn't crash!
JEZ, 50s, diagnosed AA Dec 2006, ATG one time, serum sickness resolved / took cyclosporine (Neoral) with delayed response but now with good labs/ recent kidney toxicity, so off of cyclosporine now and trying generic Imuran