View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 17, 2009, 10:59 PM

CsA dosage and trough

Hi Hopeful,

I weigh 230 pounds and take 200mg of Neoral twice a day, usually with a meal or soon after. What I eat varies, so I don't know if there is any effect from the type of food I eat. The enclosure that comes with my Neoral says that I should try to be consistent with whatever I eat, but I'm not terribly compliant with that. Of course, I have not eaten grapefruit for a LONG time; wow, how I miss a tall glass of icy grapefruit juice now and then!!!

For my weight, 5mg/kg works out to 500mg CsA per day, so my dosage is a little lower than 5mg/kg. Dr Paquette put me on this dosage last June, when I was transfusion dependent. It's been a very slow recovery, but I have not needed PRBC since last July. Latest counts: WBC 4.5, Hgb 11.2, and 71k platelets. Dr P says we should shoot for normal platelets before starting to taper the CsA, as long as there is no toxicity.

My trough level on Monday, 6/15, about 14 hours after my last CsA dose, was 159.

HTH
Male, 56, dx Nov2006 VSAA (BMA:0%). Responded to ATG/CsA/Prednisone/Neupogen Dec 2006, but relapsed in June 2007. Counts are responding to using CsA 200mg bid alone since Jun 2008. Last PRBC tx: Jul 2008.