View Single Post
Old Tue May 26, 2009, 07:46 PM

Vera has lots of great suggestions. You really want SOFT light garments that button up in front. Later on you can weat t-shirts, etc. but I was so weak for a while that even lifting a shirt over my neck while dealing with my port lines was a real pain in the butt. My IPOD was great when I couldn't sleep at night and there was nothing on TV. Joke books! Stuff that makes you laugh! All my toiletries had to be new and unopened also... take no chances, just get trial size. Towels at City of Hope were awful so I brought good towels from home & bring a good pillow. Toilet paper was Motel 6 quality at COH and I had good stuff brought in. Also good quality, non-scented soap for showering. There was a period of time when even the slightest scent made me nautious, but that was just for a short while. Every time someone called and asked if I needed anything I took advantage of it - they really do want to help. Also Vera mentioned hard candies, yes! Lets see... slippers with rubber soles, gym shoes for walking around when you are allowed and cotton sweats for gym time. I wore beanies on my bald head to help keep warm. Comfort is key! There will be a period of time when you can't leave your room but for me it wasn't too long. I was allowed to walk around the floor (with mask and rubber gloves.)

Best wishes to you, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. If I think of anything else I will let you know.

Rob