View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 9, 2009, 01:44 PM

I know it is hard not to fret but when I was in a panic about losing my first donor I called the national bone marrow registry and they told me that they kept in very close contact with the donors and things are being monitored every step of the way. The bone marrow registry Knows the importance of this for you! If it was more than a postponement they would be telling you that. We are sick and not working but it helps to keep in prospective that the donors probably have to schedule off work to donate for us after all they are volunteers. Or there could be a family emergency. I think that the people in the program are very dedicated and take it seriously. I am sorry that you are going through this. My new donor is having two separate dates to donate so I am sure they are trying to work something out!
Vera, 56 yo female Dx RAEB II 10-08, 11-12% blasts. Normal chromosomes. Started Vidaza 10-08. . Improved Dx 3-09 MDS RA 2% blasts 8 cycles Vidaza! SCT transplant 7-1-09 at UCSF. Normal bone marrow and MDS free as of 10-09