View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 23, 2014, 08:47 AM

My theory from what I experienced is that my counts are affected by diet, I tried a number of different strategies and I can say for me a vegetarian based diet and processed foods affected my numbers to the down side. I also believe that alcohol is a big negative in blood counts and saw a stabilization when I stopped drinking alcohol completely, I would say I was having a glass or 2 of wine ~5 days a week. Now I have tried exclusion diets on many different categories of food(dairy, eggs, gluten, beans and on and on) and found no one item make a big difference in my counts. But it seems like a diet that avoids processed foods and is based on mostly organic greens and animal protein and some organic fruit seems to have contributed to a steady state in my counts for the last 2 years. I plan to try organic grass fed meats at some point but that is something I have not gotten around to the research completely, I did try organic meats for over a year and backed off of that believing most of it was marketing hype and no real difference in the product. Another item I'll throw in is vitamin D3 and K2 supplementation seems to have helped a bit on my RBCs but not Plts or WBC. I believe this is a Diet issue also with the modern diet excluding some vitamins and minerals.

On a geographic location note, I do recall reading somewhere that a higher altitude can improve blood counts, not sure where I read that though.