View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 13, 2019, 09:23 AM

Well, I was admitted July 5 to leukemia floor for chemo to knock out the nasty monocytes. Had 3 doses of Vzxeos, which appears to have done the job. Will be here for another 2 or 3 weeks, then home for 2 weeks, and then back for transplant. That's the plan so far, anyway.

Dr. says it's not AML because blasts are not high enough but he's not doing another bmb until day 21. As before, he mentions myeloproliferative neoplasms and says I do still have mutations, and even 2 new ones. Local onco doc hadn't said anything about that, and I don't get to see or talk to transplant doc right now either. I don't have access to all the reports anymore, whether because he's not releasing them or what, I don't know. Kind of bothers me but kind of a relief, too, in a weird way. I like both of these dr.'s, more than I like the local one, who I had considered changing from but hadn't gotten to that point yet.

Problems at home (1-1/2 - 2 hours away, disabled husband, 2 disabled daughters, 1 temporarily, 1 prob permanently) still consume a lot of my time and energy on phone, by txt, and via email but otherwise I'd be really bored! lol Can't believe this hospital charges $10 per day for TV service! Thankful for Netflix, Amazon, and ebooks from public library.

Guess that's it for now, waiting on low microbial breakfast replacement, since I had to send 1st one back due to runny eggs! Sheesh.

PS: Still waiting for dental to come and finish dental clearance eval. Dr. doesn't seem concerned but he's not the one with pain in his mouth! lol
Joanne, 65F, 8/17 dx Primary MDS-EB1, Pancytopenia; 6/19 MPN w/CMML characteristics, dr calling it AML even w/blasts <20%; 7/19 Induction w/Vyxeos resulting in complete remission with incomplete blood count recovery.