View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 12, 2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
The supplement bottle will list the type of B12 on it. If they don't, then it will be the cyano form. Jarrow has it printed on the front of the label and they make both 1000 and 5000 mcg. You can buy the 1000 since it will give you flexibility in the dosing. 1000mcg is usually stocked more frequently.

The cyano form needs to be converted to a usable form and not everyone can do that effectively.

Insurance doesn't usually pay for vitamins unless it's filled as an Rx. You can deduct herbs and vitamins from your taxes if you have a doc's prescript for it. B12 is pretty cheap. I think Whole Foods will cost you about $12 for a bottle. You can probably get it cheaper online at iherb.com

One last thing.....John got shots all the time with 8K platelets. He got neupogen IM and I gave him Procrit Sub-Q. He also did sub-Q desferral with less platelets than you. So I don't understand why they don't want to give you an injection. Doesn't make sense.

Now we did get some major bruises from the desferal and had to stop until it cleared. But we used moist warm heat to help that along.

So one last question....did they check your clotting times? You may need vitamin K for the clotting. John had great clotting times even when his platelets were 8K. Vitamin K is found in dark green leafy vegetables.

It isn't listed so must be the cyano kind. They told me they didn't want to cause bruises from the shots...so what? I already have bruises...about 16 pin point bruises currently. If it can make things get higher faster why not do them? I am going to push my primary to let me do shots. No to the clotting times...at least not what I know. Thanks for all the info.

Labs tomorrow....

Laura