View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 19, 2019, 07:35 PM

David, I am surprised you have chosen to go 10 years without an update on your marrow biopsy!

Turns out I have 2 small accessory spleens. Results of ultrasound say:

"There are two adjacent, round 2.8-2.9 cm isoechoic structures in the left upper quadrant which likely reflect regenerated splenules in this setting."

Liver, kidneys, gallbladder, biliary, pancreas, and aorta of heart all reported as normal.

Went to City of Hope last week and basically the response was hold off on treatment until CBCs drop further. Both doctor and I seemed to agree that starting with Promacta alone would be best. Given that my platelets are still high, he said it would be dangerous to go on now.

I've been on low dose testosterone (50 mg daily) for almost 2 weeks. While it may be a coincidence, during my labs at City of Hope last week, my WBC were way up; 6.5. They haven't been that high since 2016. Among them, neutrophils were also markedly increased at 3.5. I also have to go back to 2016 to see them at that number.

Unfortunately the RBC, HGB, HCT, and MCV all continue to trend lower versus January.