View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 23, 2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverly View Post
I just read that a series of DANAZOL 600mg qd + Retoninoic Acid 100mg qd + prednisone 10 mg qad is a cocktail for 5 to 7 year remission for MDS patients. Does anyone have information about this?
Thank you, Beverly and David
Hi Guys!

The NIH has been doing trials of Danazol for folks with bone marrow and lung disorders. The current trial is no longer recruiting, but I understand another is in the works.

They have been focusing on folks with abnormally short telomeres and TERT or TERC mutations. I have a TERT mutation and ridiculously short telomeres, and Danazol work ed well for me. You can read about my experience here.

I'm not familiar with the cocktail that you mention. Trials have been done with retinoic acid. This one wasn't all that promising, but other might have worked out better.

Good luck!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com