View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 28, 2017, 09:14 AM

Data and DanL,

Thank you both for your replies. After Data's question to me, I began to examine more closely the exact wording of the BMB report. In fact, those are the tests ORDERED, not the findings. In fact, buried in another paragraph was a simple note that FISH was NORMAL. At least I'm a bit closer to being able to understand my results. Thank you both!

DanL - just to answer a few of your questions. I am already at a Center of Excellence - Moffitt in Tampa, FL. My symptoms do mirror AA. If fact, after diagnosis, I was admitted for a round of Atgam treatment followed by 5 months of cyclosporine treatment. Unfortunately, that treatment didn't work and I am now back on Watch and Wait. During treatment, my blood counts for hemoglobin and RBC nosedived with no effect on improving my WBC as originally indented. As a result, we terminated the treatment. Now, my values are "stable but bad." My blast count has remained constant. RBC is mildly anemic, but WBC and ANC are terrible, but remain unchanged. Somehow, I'm not getting infections. Due to the risk, I am not yet ready for a BMT, although I've already met with the transplant team and have identified possible donors. We will just watch and wait until my numbers significantly change and then move forward with Vidaza before the BMT.

Anyway, I now feel much better and less anxious - again, thank you! I'll sit back and keep doing what I'm doing to stay active and healthy.
Diagnosed Hypoplastic MDS RAEB-I w/5% Blasts (Nov 2016); treated with Atgam in Dec 2016 and completed cyclosprine course in May 2017; Blast 3-5%; Hypocellar BM; WBC .66k/uL; ANC 0.15k/uL; Platelets 71k/uL; RBC 3.54mil/uL; Hemoglobin 12.7g/dL

Last edited by BrianA : Tue Nov 28, 2017 at 10:03 AM.