Thread: patients in CT
View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 25, 2008, 11:56 AM

CT connection

Hi, Maddie. I am being seen at Dana Farber. My hematologist sent me there for a second opinion back in the summer of 2007, because he thought I had LGL Leukemia. The initial thought was wait and watch, along with the Procrit for the anemia (do you do anything for your anemia?). When I had a dip in my numbers earlier this year they had me meet with a transplanter, who was quite keen on scheduling me for a SCT in the fall. Essentially, I was left with the decision of when to schedule it. Since then, I have been to Memorial Sloan-Kettering and St. Vincent's in Manhattan. They both suggested that I continue to wait. However, i am also told that even though I am asking the right questions, there are not any studies with people in my situation which would suggest what I should do. I am concerned about the fibrosis (scarring of the bone marrow). It indicates a poorer prognosis. That makes me lean toward doing the transplant. I am thinking about this coming June. But I haven't committed to anything yet.

Who did you see at Memorial?

Best,

Beth