View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 5, 2010, 07:42 PM

My husband is no longer on this earth

On Nov. 29, my beloved Henry went to be with his Heavenly Father. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends and that night he began to run a fever. The next day we took him to the ER and he was cross-matched for a transfusion. He was given 4 units of blood but they did not seem to help. His cardiologist was doing tests and had another planned on Monday the 29th. We watched the football games on TV with our grandson, and ate a small bowl of tortilla soup from his favorite Mexican restaurant. He told us it was the best thing he had eaten since Thanksgiving night at home.
He insisted I go home and get some rest and be back in the morning to "get him out of this place" but the Lord came before daybreak and took him home.
I am so thankful he just went to sleep and sometime after midnight his monitor at the nurses station showed his BP dropped and his heart stopped.
They came and began to do CPR because we had not thought to inform them to put do not resisitate on his file. I got to the hospital and told them to stop because he did not want CPR. He was just beginning to feel pain in his bones, especially his back. He fought the good fight and the Vidaza had been doing its job. His heart was just too weak and he was ready. We had a wonderful life together and my life will never be the same. He was my sunshine but I have faith that we will be together someday. I had our minister and choir director sing our favoirite Alan Jackson song at his funeral.
"I want to stroll across Heaven with you." I have faith that my beloved will be waiting when I get there to show me all the sights of our new home.
God bless to all you members of the Forums, you have been my rock of information. Stay strong.
ann