View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 11, 2016, 11:40 PM

Hi Hopeful,

Interesting. Thanks for the information. It's quite helpful.
No, I have not done any fecal tests. Everyone I've seen really has no idea what to do.

For the past week, there has been visible swelling in a spot on my upper left abdomen (right under the diaphragm). The swelling increases after exercise. It can be quite painful in the late afternoon/evening. I went to yet another walk-in clinic and saw yet another nurse. She was quite helpful, and ordered an MRI that revealed fluid in that area of unknown etiology. (Everything else was normal).

So, I have a pocket of fluid there and somehow still can't get a doctor's appointment for over a month. Sigh.

My CBC is still pretty good, but not as good as 1 month ago. Hgb went from 13.5 to 11.8. WBC from normal down to 2500. PLT down from 135000 to 116000. Esinophils at 7%. ANC from 1600 to 800. ovalocytes. I'm NOT complaining. I know most people here have worse and so have I, but this is the most abnormal in ~4 years. It is difficult for me to believe that the swelling, food sensitivity, and changes in CBC are not related (?)