View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 24, 2014, 10:56 AM

Not sure whats wrong with me..

Hi,

I ended up at this forum in my attempts to research what is going on with my body. Dr. in my small town of no help. I started with flu-like body aches over 2 weeks ago, muscle weakness, extreme fatigue. Had CBC done and levels were off with hemoglobin being at 10. I am a 43 year old white female. WBC at that time was on low side, but normal, but everything to do with RBC's were off. Had iron tested, came back on low side (not flagged), but two different Drs said it wasnt low enough to be causing my issues. But they gave me iron anyhow.

Since then I have had all together 4 CBC's and a few other tests as well as a smear. Here are my latest results (the ones that are abnormal), and this is from a nearly 2 week span:

ABS Granulocytes dropping from 4.0 to 1.7

Hematocrit dropping from 33.2 to 30.4

Hemoglobin dropping from 10.0 to 9.2

MCH 24.1

MCHC 30.3

Monocytes are rising but in the norm.

MPV 8.2

RDW 17.7

RBC in low norm been slowly dropping, now 3.81

WBC slowly dropping from 5.5 to 3.0

SLIDE REVIEW: Platelet estimate- adequate
Microcytosis 1+
Hypochromasia 1+

Last appt blood pressure had dropped from my normal low of about 100/60 to 80/58..

Anyhow, I don't know if anyone else has had similar results, or if anyone has any ideas to help steer me in the right direction, but I though I'd give this a try here.. Dr. simply has just offered me a blood transfusion and iron, and they shrug and say they guess Im just anemic, but doesnt there have to be a 'cause' of sudden anemia?? I've been eating the saame diet and have not had any known blood loss.