View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 28, 2013, 06:52 PM

Oh thanks for checking! Yea I had the magnesium problem too, last year I was on 1,000mg, 3x a day and it barely got me to the bottom level. Also, I have an intolerance to the IV mag so that really wasn't an option for me.

My magnesium level is doing much better now and only take 250/day. I'm not on a normal therapeutic dose of cyclosporine anymore, a bit lower. Because of the migraines and that I haven't experienced GVHD so far.

I've had several MRIs to check for blood clots (bc of the PNH pre-transplant) and PRES- all negative!

I had a nice stretch that was migraine free, but they've popped up again the last few weeks. Much milder though, without the vomiting and severity they were before.

PS another note about Migraines, for me personally sometimes they were an effect of a "hemolytic" (not a technical usage) event...I would get a migraine and then we'd find out my hemoglobin had dropped a couple of grahams within hours - so the migraine was an effect of the heavy hemolysis from the PNH.

Last edited by Rea : Sun Dec 29, 2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: added PS