View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 2, 2010, 12:06 PM

less energy than I thought

I had another follow-up with my hematologist yesterday. Was pleased that my platelets have reached 40 and WBC is 4.3. Hemaglobin was 8.8, but he said that was going to fluctuate for a while. I was very happy with the news that he said I can try to work and do more, based on when I felt strong enough. Well, I felt like superwoman when he said it. Then, I came home and seemed very tired that evening. I had taken my kids to dentist earlier in the day, which is more running than I've done in a month. And, I was noticing a little more fatigue this weekend, and sleeping is still a challenge. On top of all this I suffer from esophageal spasms, which my hematologist knows little about. I hadn't had these in 3-4 yrs, but the fatigue and stress on my body has brought them back. So, in addition to the steroids causing me sleep problems, I'm now suffering from these spasms that feel like a heart attack. Dr gave me medicine that I used to take, which is a calcium channel blocker. This drops my blood pressure and makes my heartbeat race. You can't sleep when your heart is beating 116 times a minute......ugh!!!! Just exhausted with all the things that are going on with this body. I just want to get back to normal.....
If I feel good for a few days and try to go out and do something, I end up back in bed the next day. I'm only a month out from ATG....I guess I am getting ahead of myself. Still happy with my counts and progress. Praying for more strength, energy and stamina!
Donna, age 44, diagnosed AA 9/30/10; treated h-ATG 10/3/10 and cyclosporine to 2012; Oct 2012 Duodenal cancer/Whipple procedure; 7/29/13 diagnosed PNH; July 2014 stable but very low HgB & Platelets(25-35)-Cyclosporine; Prednisone and bi-weekly soliris infusions