View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 9, 2011, 10:24 PM

EXJADE Progress

I have not responded to the forums in quite some time, so I suppose a progress report is in order. After a little over 1 year of EXJADE treatment, I can report a drop in serum ferritin levels from approximately 1650 down to 621 after the last blood test! At this time, kidney and level functions are okay. Frankly, I still hate the daily treatment because of the necessity to take on an empty stomach and the distress with my GI tract; HOWEVER, I can see the end of the treatment just a few months down the way, hopefully. I want to see as close to normal ferritin counts as possible. I have had no further chemo since February, 2009. I have had no additional transfusions since November, 2009. I still have days that I seem to drag in energy, but I have resumed a measure of "normalcy" in life style. I am very grateful for those of you who were willing to share your knowledge and experiences with me, especially Birgitte A. I cannot say that there will not be times that I wish I felt better, and had stronger resistance to infection. I do want to say that not trying EXJADE may have put me at risk later on. When our bodies do not function properly, sometimes the risk is warranted. Be pro-active in your health care, do not be afraid to ask questions, and you do have a voice in your treatment.

You may send an e-mail to me at any time.
BE STRONG and FIGHT A GOOD FIGHT! BLESSINGS ON ALL SEEK ANSWERS!

Exjade 1000 mg per day
Hemoglobin 9.2
Hematicrit 29.2
Platelette 200,000
White counts low normal range

Last edited by towncarlady : Sat Apr 9, 2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Add blood counts