View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 26, 2015, 09:16 PM

Bone Marrow Biopsy 10-20% But NO ANSWERS!

Hi All,

I am new and am so excited to find a forum with like minded people. I have had a low white blood count for years and known I have to be very careful around sugar, washing hands, stress and other infections. But in general a healthy woman. I started to feel dizzy, nauseous, and weak for the past 5 months. My GP sent me to a hematologist who did a bone marrow biopsy. Wasn't sedated because my insurance wouldn't cover, but am happy to say it wasn't too bad.

Reviewing the results it reflected a hypo cellular marrow (10-20%) with decreased and maturing trilineage hematopoiesis. (say what?) No significant dysplasia and no increase in myeloblasts. No detection of abnormal cell populations (sounds good), nor genetic abnormalities recurrent in MDS. Clinical history of leukopenia, CBC showing neutropenia, anemia and mild thrombocytopenia, nutritional deficiency (e.g. B12 folate) less likely evolving aplastic anemia or hypo plastic myledoysplastic syndrome. Iron utilization defect (anemia of chronic disease) could be contributing to anemia.

What does this mean?

The doctor then said we will just monitor you every six months, live well, see you soon. WHAT? I have a little girl, I am weak, under weight, with an overall feeling of uneasiness. Many days I just want to stay in bed. I just got bronchitis and needed an IV then antibiotics. I feel so alone and unsure of where to go. If anyone here can shed some light on my darkness I would sure appreciate it.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.