View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 31, 2015, 05:31 AM

You know, Alyssa, I was trying to think of the word "astragalus" when I sent that last post. Yes, that's another really effective natural immune booster.

Regarding weakness, I do still get that sometimes and I usually try to go for a walk which probably sounds ridiculous, but for me actually relieves that "jelly legs" feeling. Regular exercise is very important when you have a marrow disease.

No I haven't recovered from MDS. That's impossible in human terms without a successful transplant, but now that my condition is stable and there's no evidence of blasts in my peripheral blood, the risks of transplant outweigh the benefits. For me vigilance is the name of the game! I have a 4-weekly pathology test.

Hypogammaglobulinaemia is also a life sentence but in a funny way I'm grateful for it because I get to have gamma globulin every 4 weeks and I'm sure it's helped my immune system enormously. Don't forget to get your globulin levels checked!
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.