View Single Post
Old Wed May 15, 2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLJabbari View Post
Hi NickiNak,

Sorry to hear about this. Just a thought...might it be that when your child was initially diagnosed with ITP, he was in an early stage of either AA and therefore inconclusive diagnosis?

Has your son had nosebleeds or bleeding from the gums? The only other thing besides the bruises and petichae that sounds familiar to me, is the shortness of breath. I recall my then 10 y-o son saying, "My heart is beating really fast and I can feel it." Might this be the chest pain your son is experiencing?

With your child's low platelet count, I would be concerned about possible internal bleeding. Please ask his doctor what she recommends as far as activity to eliminate or avoid. I'm wondering if his body aches/pains are related to this.

Just a couple of things that come to mind that you might want to ask his doctor about.

I hope tomorrow's BM Biopsy will give you a definite answer as to what is going on and how to best treat your child.

Take care

His chest pains started a few days before his school's jog-a-thon. I let him participate as long as he just walked. I got a call from the teacher saying he walked one lap (only 1/8th of a mile) and he started crying his chest and legs were hurting, and became really pale. I called the on-call dr and she said just to give him tylenol and have him lay down.

He's on very limited activity since his counts are so erratic and we can't ever really know what they are from day to day. He can't play at recess, can't ride his bike or skateboard, he had to quit his wrestling team and can't return to football.